Sunday, November 28, 2004

"and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."
Matthew 10:38-39


In love, Christ gave his all. Litteraly his all. His blood flowed over the path to the hill upon which he was crucified. His flesh was ripped and torn with wounds to ghastly to imagine. Guards mocked him while he died. He was sold by a man who followed him, and betrayed by a disciple who loved him more than anything else in the world. He led a sinless life, and in return was sentenced to death. Christ gave his all on the cross.

Christ led an example. He was willing to give everything for us even his earthly life. The question what is left in me that must also die on that cross? What is it that I have held onto so dearly that I must give to Christ? It's easy to say Christ deserves our all, but how easy is it to act on that very same sentence? Like Paul... in Galations 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." That is the ultimate love, that Jesus laid down his life for the ones that he loves.

No comments: